Skip to content

Frequently asked questions

Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our UK Aid Match Future Forest appeal.

Here are some of the most commonly asked questions we get about our UK Aid Match Future Forest appeal. If you still have a question, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch with our team via email at info@treeaid.org or give us a call on 0117 909 6363.

  • UK Aid Match (ukaidmatch.org) brings charities, the British public and the UK government together to tackle poverty and raise public engagement in international development issues. 

    For every £1 given by the public to a UK Aid Match charity appeal, the government adds £1 from the UK’s international development budget.  

    Tree Aid’s UK Aid Match appeal runs from April 12th until 11th July 2021. Match funding from the UK government will be used towards the Future Forest appeal, the matched funding will be spent in Metema, Ethiopia, to enable people to protect their forest and earn a sustainable income from it. 

  • Tree Aid’s UK Aid Match appeal runs from April 12th until 11th July 2021. Match funding from the UK government will be used towards the Future Forest appeal, the matched funding will be spent in Metema, Ethiopia, to enable people to protect their forest and earn a sustainable income from it. 

    The Future Forest appeal will put more power in the hands of the community to tackle the climate crisis and stop the spread of the desert. The Metema forest is extra special because of its Frankincense trees. Frankincense trees are a lifeline for local communities, they provide up to 30% of household income for the families who sell their resin to be used in essential oils around the world. 

    Donations from the UK public will fund similar work growing a Great Green Wall across Africa’s drylands, restoring land and creating green jobs for the people who live there. Find out more: www.treeaid.org/futureforest 

  • All donations made by individuals* between the 12th April and 11th July 2021 will be matched by the UK government.    

    This could be a one-off donation or money raised by holding a community event such as a Great Green Walk or Teas for Trees; if you are interesting in holding an event or taking on a challenge, please contact us for your digital fundraising pack.  

    *All Individuals must be UK residents.

  • Any regular donations that are set up between the 12th April and 11th July are eligible to be matched. In fact, the first three regular gifts set up at any point during the appeal period will be matched. Any existing regular gifts will not be matched unless the gift amount is increased between the 12th April and 11th July, in this instance only the increased amount will be eligible to be matched three times.  

  • There is no minimum donation that can be matched. The UK government will match any amount we raise between the 12th April and 11th July up to a maximum of £2 million. Tree Aid needs to raise over £100,000 in the Future Forest appeal to receive the match funding. 

  • 10% of public donations will go to the Future Forest project in Ethiopia. The remaining 90% will help Tree Aid contribute to the Great Green Wall movement across all five countries we work in, joining forces with rural communities to tackle poverty and the climate crisis. 

  • Donate to the Future Forest appeal to join our community of supporters in the virtual forest and have your own personalised tree. Or why not dedicate your tree to a loved one? Use ‘For Kate’ as your screen name format so that they can find themselves in the virtual forest! If you donate before July 11th, your donation will be doubled by the UK government, meaning you can have double the impact. Find out more about the virtual forest: www.treeaid.org/virtualforest.

     

  • You can donate as a company to our Future Forest appeal but your donation won't be able to be matched by the UK government as match funding is only applicable to donations from individuals in the UK. However, donations raised through the public such as staff fundraising or customer donations can be matched. You could also show a sign of support to your staff and offer to match any donations they raise too for a triple match! 

  • Donations made through staff fundraising can be doubled by the UK government and we have some great ways your team can get involved such as the Great Green Walk. You can also talk to us about growing your own corporate partnership with Tree Aid by contacting corporatepartnerships@treeaid.org.

  • Thank you! Please contact growingchange@treeaid.org and we will get in touch with you and answer any questions you may have. 

Get in touch